Friday, May 6, 2011

Pillow and cushion

A friend of a friend recently contacted me to make a cushion for her for her mudroom.  We had the hardest time connecting and never actually did.  She ended up dropping the fabric with a picture from a magazine.  I had a few questions for her such as did she want the buttons like in the picture, did she want welting, how thick did she want the cushion.  She answered all my questions and gave me some insight... I want it heavy, like an old boat cushion.  I knew exactly what she wanted. 



I stood in Joann's with the foam and cotton batting draping and wrapping.  I figured out just how much cotton batting I needed to get the "old boat cushion" feel.  I finished the cushion and got in touch with her to get the cushion to her.  It turned out that it wasn't for her house, but for her beach house.  She was just headed there and could I meet her there.  I always like to take my work to the house personally to make sure it fits. 


When we put the cushion in place it was perfect.   I did just what she wanted and she was very please.  She showed me around the house a bit.  I wish I had taken photos of it because it was stunning.  It is a contemporary cape (not my style but I could totally appreciate it) set right on the beach.  They had gutted and redone it in a modern beachy feel.  She said she has more projects for me so I may get back to the beach house.  When I do, I'll definitely take some pictures for posting. 

Here is a pillow I made for another client.  She had a piece of fabric and two pillows. 
She said to pick the pillow that fit the fabric.  I centered one coral on one side and two coral on the other side.  Pretty!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a happy mother's day!  Kathleen