Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday morning and back to work

It's Monday morning and the weather continues to be
 grey and rainy.  I have a couple of sewing projects in the works and a
 few that will be coming in - just waiting for fabric to arrive.  Today I am working on some
panels for a closet door.  It is hard to see the fabric in this grey, rainy weather,
but it is brown.  We are interlining the panels to give them a rich full feel. 

  

 I'll need to make a trip to the fabric store for more lining and interlining
but have enough to get started.  I never mind a trip to the fabric store. 
It's always inspiring to look at the new fabrics. 





On the project front I am working on some screen printing.  I purchased a
kit and made my first attempt last week.  It didn't turn out but I think
I know what I did wrong so I've started again, hopefully with better results.    



If this works out and I can screen print on fabric, I will make some pillows.  I already have several designs that I am excited about.  The next part should go pretty quickly. 



So now it is back downstairs to work on the closet door panels.  Have a dry day!  Kathleen