Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dining room chairs






Here is a photo of my dining room "area." It's not it's own room, it's a part of our living room. Right behind me is the family room which I think was once the dining room. The woman who owned the house before we did used the family room as a TV room and we do the same. I prefer that to having a room devoted solely to the dining table which we hardly ever use, we eat in the kitchen. I'm finally getting the dining room to look the way I want it to. I posted once before about the dining room chair covers. I got the chairs from a neighbor after a yard sale. I painted them all white-again, prime dark wood when painting white!






But what I really did was finish all the skirts! Yah! I pretended I did in that last post but I had run out of white canvas fabric. I finally got some more and worked on them until they were done.




I used what I had for the top of the table.




I took the orange candles from the mantle-now I have to find something for the mantle...












I filled the glass hurricane lamps with sea glass-purchased because you can't find that much beautiful blue sea glass-and the orange candles. I added a star fish to the metal shell bowl-also purchased because we don't have big beautiful star fish here.






Here's a clean, lovely, decorated dining room!  Have a great weekend full of fun projects!  K