Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Favorite flea market finds

These were actually my favorite finds and somehow I didn't add them to my post the other day when I posted about my flea market finds?!? That's okay, I think they deserve their own post.
I recently read a post on Mustard Seed Interiors about ironstone dishes. I loved them and decided that I was going to start my own collection. At the flea market a few weekends ago I saw a stack of three plates for $15.00. Now I know that Miss Mustard Seed got some ironstone plates for .10 a piece. I thought $15.00 for three plates was a bit steep. I decided to keep looking and walked on. I came upon another booth with four plates and two bowls. The plates had $1.00 stickers on them and the two bowls had $3.00 each. I asked the guy if he would take $5.00 for all of it. He said yes and I couldn't help him fast enough getting the plates packed into a bag. The plates are very crackled and chipped. If I had a bigger collection I would maybe not have taken all of them, but since this is the beginning of my collection, I was thrilled to have this stack of ironstone. As far as the dishtowel goes, I don't need another dish towel, but I found this beautiful linen one. It was only $1.00 and I love the blue, the off white and the little bit of black. It is serving as inspiration for my bedroom makeover. When the makeover is done I will let you see it and can decide if I came close to my inspiration.