Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You know you love to sew when

1. You look down to find several threads hanging onto your shirt.
2. You find something you like and turn it inside out to see how it is made.
3. You find something you like and then turn to your daughter and say the phrase that annoys her "I could make that..."
4. You love your sewing machine and serger - and you tell people too!
5. One of your favorite things is stacks and stacks of fabric.

I started sewing when I was in my teens. It was something I enjoyed to do. My mother signed me up for a sewing class where I made a button down shirt that probably never got worn. I don't remember it turning out too well.

When I was in High School I bought my own machine, a Pfaff, which I still have and use regularly. I have since upgraded to a fancier Pfaffhttp://www.pfaff.com/global/72_326.html and recently bought a serger and I absolutely LOVE it. http://www.babylock.com/sergers/imagine/ I try to sew with my daughters so they learn to like it and at the very least learn to sew. I want them to be able to hem, sew on a button, sew a little something and I would love for them to love sewing like I do.

Life was extrememly trying about seven years ago when my kids were still very little. I would want to sew/craft so badly but would find the days slipping away with the many tasks at hand. These days my "baby" is almost seven and my time is more my own. I can often be found at my machine if I have a few minutes to spare. I am working on a few projects right now that I hope to be sharing soon.